Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day Three! Finally!

I don't have much to say today because it has been a typical boring Saturday of cleaning & working. But, I went to the gym today and it felt really good. I wasn't feeling great when I woke up this morning and I almost talked myself out of it. But knowing I had to explain myself on the blog if I didn't go got me out the door. My walking started out a little slow, but after 12 min or so, I started to get into it. It also helped that Transformers was playing in the Cardio Cinema. I love that show! Towards the end of the half-hour I even pushed myself to walk at 3.6 and run at 4.2. It also wasn't hard to recover from my running periods. I think I only had one or two walking periods that were longer than 30 sec. It shouldn't be too much longer before I can go the whole workout with 30 sec walking periods! I also did some arm weights, now that my right arm isn't sore. It will be interesting to see how sore I am tomorrow. My eating today hasn't been terrible. I had pancakes this morning with apricot syrup around 11 AM and didn't feel hungry again until around 5 PM. I ate a Twix bar while I was shopping this evening, and decided to get takeout at Olive Garden. I ordered the "light" Capellini pasta with olive oil, salad, & about 4 breadsticks. The breadsticks were my weakness, but I was really careful not to overeat. Because I ate 4 breaksticks, I didn't eat very much of the Capellini & have lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :) Well, I guess this is the end of week one. Sundays are my day off, so I'll check back on Monday.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Mmmm...Olive Garden Breadsticks. My favorite!! Great job for getting to the gym even though you weren't feeling too well at first! That is a huge achievement all by itself! Sounds like you are doing great on the exercising and eating part too! Bonus!!