Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Repentance

I'm sorry! Now I feel really guilty. Tory asked about my blog over Christmas & I guess I was surprised that anybody cared. Thanks Tory for keeping me honest. I promise I will update this blog much more regularly. Thanks to the rest of my family for the comments you have given me, even though I have only posted three times. :) Thanks for your support.

Well, needless to say, my 5k Training was nonexistent the past two weeks. With Tyler & Tory in town, I was a little distracted, but I can't use them as an excuse for every day I missed. Basically, I ate whatever I wanted and didn't work out once. Well, unless you want to count the day we went sledding. I climbed up the hill about four times before I decided it was more fun to take pictures. If we can get the pictures recovered off the memory card, I can say it was worth it.

So, this week is suppose to be a fresh start, and I'm starting a week BEFORE the new year! Since I didn't get a good start last time, I think I will start over. Today is Day 1. I went to the gym and worked out on the treadmill. Usually I like to use the treadmills in the Cardio Cinema room, where I can watch movies. But today it was "out of order". I was a little disappointed, but I discovered that Gold's Gym has added personal 15"? HDTVs to some of its equipment on the main floor. That was pretty cool. It definately helped the time fly by faster than before. I worked on a repeat of Day one on my 30/30 5K training plan. I walked for the first 10 min.; jogged for 30 sec on 4.0 speed and walked at 3.5 speed until I recovered. I found it was easier to recover if I didn't jog as fast (go figure). Anyway, I think I will keep steady on those speeds until I can recover my walk in 30 sec. intervals. After my cardio training, I did a few arm weights and some crunches. I felt weak from previous workouts & struggled getting started, but at least I was there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I also weigh 234.3, gaining about 1 lbs. over Christmas. That was better than I expected, actually. However, I usually weigh myself in the evening and today I weighed myself in the morning. Anyway, I think I will plan on getting to the gym by 9 AM this week so I can watch The Price is Right on my personal HDTV. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Lisa, you are so cute! Way to go on trying again! You can do it this time!