Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let's Count Today As Day 4.5 Instead

Today was one of those days that you wish you didn't have to blog about. It was a rough day at work. I ran out of lunch supplies in my fridge, so I ate at Wendys for lunch. After I ate my contraband, I didn't want to go back to the school, so I stopped at Albertsons to restock my fridge. Hopefully, that means I won't eat out for lunch again for a while. After school got out, I left pretty early to get some business done at the music store. I found what I needed, but when I left I was hungry. I stopped at TacoTime for an early dinner. I was tired, it was late, and I almost talked myself out of going to the gym. But I realized this was the same mental language that kept me out of the gym for the last four months. If I was really going to change my life, it needed to start today. I made it to the gym, but it was later than I usually get there. I had also just eaten a big meal. It was difficult to find an open machine because the gym was so busy. (You got to love New Year's Resolutions!) I ended up on a broken elliptical machine in the cardio cinema room. It wouldn't show my heart rate, so I have no idea how many calories I burned. I worked out for 30 min. and was sweating by the end. But my muscles didn't feel sore & I'm not sure how great of a workout it was. I saw a sign in the locker room that said something like, "Getting here is half the battle." I thought that sign was especially appropriate for me today. After my workout, I weighed myself, even though I should only weigh myself once a week. I was shocked to see I weighed 237.3 lbs! Had I really eaten 4 lbs worth of weight today?! Oh my goodness! I had no idea that my eating decisions could have such an immediate effect on my life. That definately gives me something to think about. I felt like today was productive towards my goal, but it could've been better. So, I'm not going to officially count it as Day Five. Lets count it as Day 4.5 instead.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on getting to the gym! I'm sure that must be the most difficult part of reaching your goals. So, your doing great as far as I can tell!