Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day Five

Today's workout went much better. I ran/walked up a sweat while watching Elizabeth Swan become the Pirate King on "At World's End." I walked at 3.5 and ran at 4.2. I even kept close score on exactly how long it would take me to recover from my runs. I counted three walking intervals where I had to walk for 1 min. instead of 30 sec. The rest were only 30 sec. My left knee started to ache by the end of the 30 min. and I was sweating pretty bad, but I just kept thinking that when I run my marathon, I will feel even more pain than this. I couldn't let that stop me. Hopefully, I can run through my achy knee instead of making it worse. When I finished, I was surprised to see that I had traveled two miles. I hadn't reached the two mile mark during my workout until today. I think that means I'm making progress. I also weighed myself and I'm back down to 233.1 lbs. Its interesting that I can gain 4 lbs just by eating dinner.
As for food today, I ate my usual bowl of Life cereal for breakfast. I haven't been to Einstein's in exactly 4 weeks. I had my usual homemade turkey sandwich, small bag of cool ranch Doritoes, and a can of diet coke for lunch & I ate at Paradise Bakery for dinner. I had half a Tuscan Chicken sandwich, a cup of tomato soup and two cookies. Again, I think chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. If I was on The Biggest Loser, chocolate chip cookies would be in my display case. But, I felt like tonight's dinner was healthier than Wendy's, and I drank Caffeine Free Diet C0ke instead of the regular Diet Coke. That has to be better, right? Anyway, the good news is I have worked out three days this week, so far. I don't think I have been able to do that for several months now, possibly a year. I'm feeling really good.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

whoohoo!!!! Sounds like you are really getting into the groove of things now. I'm glad you can feel so successful in making such great progress toward your goals! :)