Monday, January 19, 2009

Day Eight, Nine, & Ten

I have been neglectful in my blogging, but not in my workouts! Last Thursday, Jan. 15, I worked out on Day Eight. I had a very good workout, where I was able to keep up the jog 30 sec/walk 30 sec pattern for all but one jog segment. Towards the end of my workout, I had to take a 1 min. walk segment to recover. I walked at 3.6 and jogged at 4.3 speeds. I also did some crunches, but now I can't remember if I did any weights. I don't think I did.

Saturday, Jan. 17, I also went to the gym. It wasn't a great workout however. I had pretty much talked myself out of going to the gym that day, but soon experienced feelings of guilt. I finally managed to get myself there, to find it very crowded and a stupid movie playing in the cardio cinema room. I grabbed the last treadmill with a personal TV, but wasn't able to find anything interesting to watch. I had left my iPod at home. After 10 min. of walking, I had to go to the bathroom. I was afraid to go, thinking someone would take my treadmill. Finally, I couldn't wait any longer. I left my sweater on the machine and hurried as fast as I could. Thankfully, nobody took my machine, but I had a hard time getting back into the workout. I completed the 30 min. but jog/walk segments were chaotic & unimpressive. I finally ended with a few crunches and left. Even though it wasn't a great workout, I still want to count this day because it took a lot of effort to accomplish what I did.

Today's workout went much better. Not only did I complete the workout with all 30sec jog/walk segments, but for the last 1 min. I jogged the entire segment. It felt great. I expected to be more tired then I was, but it was almost like a stroll in the park. I don't know if today was a freak day, or if I have really made good physical improvements. I guess time will tell. I walked at 3.6 and jogged at 4.3 speeds. I also weigh 234.1 lbs.

I suppose the next step will be to increase my speeds, and watch my diet. My diet has been terrible these last couple of days. I have been eating out too much & drinking too much Diet Coke. The only positive eating habit I have been able to fulfill is not drinking Diet Coke in the mornings. I want to make a commitment that I won't eat out this week, but realistically I know that won't happen. But I can try to eat healthier, smaller portions. That is something I can commit to.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great Lisa!! It sounds like you are getting to the gym and getting more in shape all the time. That's great that you are able to ditch the Diet Coke in the mornings. I bet that helps more than you realize! Certainly every little bit helps!

Tory said...

Sounds like you are rocking with your work out goals. Sounds to me like it is time to up the ante on your diet goals! Don't be scared!!! 20% working out, 80% diet!