Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 11

"I'm back in the saddle again!" I made it to the gym today! I even got there a little early because I really needed a release from school work. The workout really helped to calm me down & reduce my stress after school today. I managed to maintain my 30 sec. jog & 30 sec. walk intervals, although it was very difficult. My legs ached, I was sweating bullets, and I started to get a stomach cramp during the last 2 min. But I hung in there and pushed myself to the end. I can only hope that Day 12 will be easier. It's about what I expected after taking 5 days off. I have started to notice some definition in my legs. It's kind of cool. :) I also managed to do some arm weights & I have noticed myself getting stronger there, too. I think what I am most proud about, however, is that I had alot of excuses today. I could've used the excuse that I didn't sleep well last night & I'm too tired, or that I have too much school work to do, or its "that time of the month" for me & I just want to go home & crawl in bed. But I have realized that I could have an excuse everyday, but in the end, I really don't have any excuses. My health is my top priority & I need to make whatever adjustments I need to be healthy. I also weighed myself today & I weigh 231.8 lbs. I think that means I lost 1 lbs. last week! I also didn't eat out for dinner today. I think it helps that I am totally out of money, but oh well. I've only got four more days this week!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so proud of you! It is so hard to talk yourself into exercising when you feel crappy, but I'm proud of your determination. Just remember - you deserve to spend time on you!!

Megan and Cory said...

So I don't know about you, but I gain like 5 lbs during my period. If that happens to you and you're having that "special" time, I'm betting you lost more than just a pound! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Great job Lisa!! I am so glad you are seeing so much progress. That certainly gets the momentum up!