Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Back! Time to catch up...


This is my first spring flower bed. I planted the bulbs & the pansies last fall & have enjoyed watching them bloom. Not bad, huh?


This is my bike on my car. I think it looks pretty cool.



This is my bike close up. Its pretty awesome, huh?

Well, I can't believe it has been over a month since I blogged last. I wish I could say a lot of things have happened, but I can't. I bet I can sum the month up in 100 words or less. :) I'm finally feeling better. It was slow going for awhile, but spring break finally put me over the top. I believe not having to think about work for 5 days did the trick. Needless to say, I wimped out on the 5k race because I hadn't been training for 2 months. I feel bad, but what can I do? It also took a while to get back to the gym. I finally went back today. It wasn't a great workout, but it felt good to be working out again. I also weigh 224.8 lbs. Not great, but not terrible either. I plan to go several times this week. I need a good stress reliever from work. The kids are driving me crazy! Its going to be a long month.

I also bought a new mountain bike. I have wanted one for years, but could never find the money. I recently received some extra money for teaching Jazz Band early morning & I decided to put it to good use. I shopped at 4 different stores & found one that will work great for me. Its a 2008 Jamis Durango with disc brakes, 24 speeds, & locking front suspension. It rides great! I love it! My friend & I went riding along the Jordan Parkway last Saturday & it was awesome! I really wanted to go riding today, but it wouldn't stop raining. That's how I ended up in the gym. I had to vent my frustrations out somehow. Anyway, I'm looking forward to riding all summer & taking it to Moab in October. Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awesome bike Lisa!!! I love riding on the parkway too. We have an entrance to the parkway at the end of our street. Let me know if you ever want someone to keep you company, and we can go together!