Monday, March 29, 2010

Kid-Friendly Me

Today for lunch, I stopped at the local Subway restaurant. After buying my sandwich & filling my Diet Coke, I sat down, pulled out my iPod & started to enjoy my chicken teriyaki sandwich. Within minutes, I feel I'm being watched. I look to my right & I see a cute little hispanic girl, around two years old, watching me eat. She just keeps staring at me. I smile, and she smiles back. I try to go back to eating, but she just keeps staring. After a minute, she starts to play with the garbage can flip door, occasionally glancing back at me. I keep smiling until her mom calls her back. I think, that was weird...why me? Twenty minutes later, I've finished my sandwich and start to eat my cookies. I feel I'm being watched again. Turning to my right and expecting to see the same girl, I'm surprised to see a different girl, around 2 years old, with blonde curls. She's staring at me too! I smile, she smiles back and continues to stare until her dad calls her back to the checkout line. What's the deal?! Did my nose turn green or something?! I couldn't decide to take it as a compliment or an insult. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if the first girl may have wanted a hand-out. (Flipping the garbage can to signal: anything you're considering throwing away, just give it to me.) But if she's only 2 years old...maybe not. The blonde girl? Probably liked your ipod. Or maybe the green nose idea has some merit after all... :)

Wendy said...

Maybe they just wondered why the wires to your brain were showing!

Jennifer said...

Well, obviously, they just thought your smile was extremely beautiful, because it is! :)

Burton Gang said...

Because kids love you. :) My boys adore you! :) Kids can tell how great people are even from the time they are small!