Sunday, May 17, 2009

Working Out Again!

Great News! I had a minor break-through yesterday. I overcame my negative self-talk and got myself out to exercise. I wanted to ride my bike along 2700 E. to "the gully," a wooded area in Salt Lake that I have never been to. But, to get to 2700 E, I had to ride my bike up hill about 6 blocks. I had to stop for a breather once. I also didn't realize that heading north along 2700 E. is slightly uphill. It turned out to be a bigger workout than I anticipated. I guess the combination of strenuous exercise & rising temperatures caused me to feel a little light headed & I had to pull over. I didn't make it to the gully, but I still feel like I had a major accomplishment by riding up hill for as long as I did. I don't think I've done that in years. It also got me motivated to work out after school this week. The kids may be off the wall & I may be stressed, but that shouldn't stop me from taking care of myself. My health needs to be my priority. So, here's to a new commitment this week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck! By the way, do you still remember that bike ride we took in my old Sandy neighborhood, all the way down to that golf course, and then we got a little lost, and it took us a while to find our way back home? I was just reminded of that from reading about your bike ride. :) We had mostly steep hills on the way back, as I remember.

Lisa McLachlan said...

Yeah! I remember! I also remember when your dad took us to Sundance to go mountain biking down the mountain. We rode the ski lift up and the bikes down. It's memories of those trips that prompted me to get back into biking. :)